Friday 11 April 2014

Wardrobe: 6


Hello all! I know it's been a while (again), but I'm making up for it with an extra-long, extra-photograph-y post this week including 8 variations on a theme - yes, you did read that right, 8! 





Black faux-leather jacket - New Look

This week, my model was none other than my delightful big little sister Liv. Despite my 2 year, 8 month headstart, somehow the wee blighter seems to have overtaken me height-wise by several inches already. But it's cool... I'm over it... ANYWAY, whatever happens, don't let these pictures fool you into thinking she's a normal human being. For every photo here, I have at least 6 of her pulling stupid faces/poses. Thankfully we just about managed to get enough sensible ones to make up a shoot. Also now I have ammo in case of future sibling warfare...Mu ha ha ha.




Green Blazer - H&M

Now, in case you were wondering, this week's shoot is jacket-themed. The perfect "transitional garment" (if you feel inclined to give your clothes jobtitles), the jacket is a springtime must, especially if you're from the North. As I'll mention later on, April in Scotland has a tendency to be none-too-clement, but is generally slightly warmer than in the depths of Scotch winter, so a jacket is a handy replacement once you've packed away your big ol' winter coat. 




Cropped Brocade Trapeze coat - H&M 

Jackets are all over the Ready-To-Wear Spring catwalks. Bombers, Bikers, Blazers - you name it, it's probably there. The cropped coat, like the cropped top, is staying firmly put and can be seen in the collections of Jonathan Saunders, BCBG Max Azria and Thakoon. Classic styles are reinvigorated at Stella McCartney and Chanel, or given a twist by Guy Laroche, Dries Van Noten, and - my personal favourite - Erdem.






Cropped Military Jacket - Army Surplus








Cropped Floral Jacket - H&M

To make sure the jackets remained the central focus of the outfit, I decided to dress Liv in a couple of simple wardrobe staples: a black pencil skirt and a white shirt. Everybody needs at least one, good, white shirt. It's a classic. And because it's so unfussy/simple/plain, you can put ANYTHING with it - from sequinned hotpants to jeans to...a black pencil skirt. Also this outfit proves my point that all you need is ONE special item of clothing to turn an otherwise pretty run-of-the-mill outfit into something pretty frickin' fabulous. 






Cropped Black Silk Jacket - Debut at Debenhams

For this week's shoot we headed to the old abandoned airfield in Crail, the tiny village in which I live while not at Cambridge. I went for the airfield partly because the stark grey concrete-ness of it all went perfectly with the weather and provided a great background for the many jackets and Liv's incredible fire-hair, partly because it's so near the sea so we could get some lovely picturesque shots like the ones above, and partly so I could see Liv try to navigate the none-too-helpful terrain in heels. Tee hee. 






 Grey Wool Jacket - H&M

While I'm at it, I must apologise for the occasional damp splodges on some of these pictures. As you may have gathered, it was drizzling and I didn't have quite enough hands to hold a camera AND an umbrella while taking the pictures. Maybe I need one of those umbrella-hats...Any thoughts? Is that a good look? In any case, I'm going to try to pass the splodges off as a technique, a way of pulling you lovely viewers in so you can feel more at one with the action. Or some bollocks like that. 





White Shirt - belongs to my dear ol' Dad
Black pencil skirt - Zara
Black heels - New Look

Denim Alphabet Jacket - ASOS

So, that's a wrap chaps. Hope you've enjoyed a change of model, town, and set-up. I'm off to eat my last homecooked meal of this too-short holiday and make the most of the drizzle. See you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment